Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Scrambled Eggs (Read 2621 times)
02/23/03 at 07:58:39
Keely   Guest

Insted of using milk to make scrambled eggs, use water so the eggs won't burn OR stick!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/29/05 at 01:15:52
Chris   Guest

I'd say use butter instead. Makes it creamy and prevents it from sticking. Only need a little.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/19/05 at 14:03:49
Kristin   Guest

I use sour cream - I prefer the richer flavor.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07/20/05 at 06:17:01
late bloomer cook   Ex Member

What kind of a pan do you use to scramble your eggs in?

I never have the problem of scrambled eggs sticking no matter if I add water, milk, cream, sour cream, various veggies, cheese, meat, etc. 

Perhaps that is because I use a non-stick pan and lots of butter.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11/29/05 at 03:53:07
Can_U_Cook   Ex Member

After you put your sour cream in, go vomit in the nearest sink!!! [j-k] Just use butter.

Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12/27/05 at 13:20:27
BlackDogSnoring   Guest

My "secret" ingredient to make the BESTEST, butteriest, fluffiest scrambled eggs is . . . NOTHING AT ALL.

No milk (that makes for pasty pale scrambles or worse yet brown scorching).

No butter (unless you like that smelly brown scorched stuff on the bottom of your scrambles and omelettes).  There's plenty of fat in the yolks to make them "buttery" textured and bright yellow -- adding butter is utterly unnecessary.

No water, no NOTHING.  The eggs came out of the chicken with plenty of water already included.  Just use a non-stick pan.  Cook them slowly, don't overcook, you'll get bright yellow, buttery-textured scrambled eggs every time.

I like them a bit "fluffy" too, which is an easy trick, if you start with a cold pan on a cold burner, cook them VERY slowly on medium-low heat, and keep a LID on the pan until the white starts to set up, removing it only to stir and break up the scramble.

I never add ANYTHING to scrambled eggs, except maybe salt and pepper AFTER cooking, and everyone swears they're the best scrambled eggs they've ever had.

And the "secret" ingredient is NOTHING AT ALL -- the egg is a perfect food and tastes fantastic if cooked just right.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01/27/06 at 11:40:15
pam   Guest

my secret is a spoonful of mayonnaise and a spoonful of water. it makes the eggs go extra creamy. also, to prevent the browning of the butter, i heat my pan first till its hot enough to melt the butter in seconds.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 01/27/06 at 12:06:40
youandmee   Ex Member

that was me actually ehheh. Grin anyway i found a recipe for gorgeous scrambled eggs. i've tried it and it really works!! its from allrecipes.com.

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 teaspoon water (optional)
1 teaspoon margarine or butter
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
In a cup or small bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise and water using a fork. Melt margarine in a skillet over low heat. Pour in the eggs, and stir constantly as they cook. Remove the eggs to a plate when they are set, but still moist. Do not over cook. Never add salt or pepper until eggs are on plate, but these are also good without.

good luck dudes!  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 06/15/06 at 07:54:48
Colleen Wellard   Guest

SmileyTry using the microwave for your scrambled eggs, but remember to unercook , as little cooking is required, the continued reaction  will finish of perfectly when removed from oven. Just whisk eggs with dash of milk & and give a stir half way through. The fluffiest ever scrambled eggs & no burnt pans.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 01/02/10 at 22:47:55

ILuvCooking   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

My brother made the best scrambled eggs for breakfast on New Years this year.

Here is what he did:

In a bowl, combine 6 eggs, 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of half-and-half; beat with a whisk until well mixed.

Melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Pour the eggs in and gently move them around in the skillet, do not over stir (important). Remove them from the heat just before they look completely done. Let sit for a minute or two, they will continue to cook in the skillet.

These eggs are to die for, they are fluffy, soft...just right!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 01/03/10 at 04:22:59

Marla Balzan   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I prefer Gordon Ramsay way of cooking scrabled eggs. You add a knob of butter at the beginning and cook stirring constantly and taking it off the hob for 2-3 times while cooking. At the very last moment, when you already took it off the hob, you add a bit of cream and stir intensively. Yuuuummm

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 01/03/10 at 11:30:51

lila   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I have been using extra large eggs from Amish County, PA ...Out of 2 dozen i bought last week 23 were double yolked which makes for the yellowest and tastiets scrambled eggs I have ever had -worth a trip to get them if you dont live toooo far!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 01/04/10 at 17:48:36
LinkMoney   Ex Member

I usually have a can of condensed milk in the fridge and use a little of that for scrambled eggs.  It does not burn and the eggs stay nice and fluffy.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 01/04/10 at 18:28:18

mikef   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!
NJ

When I make scrambled eggs, I actually combine both water and 1% milk.  You have to experiment with he amount that creates the consistency you want, but I find that not including the milk results in a less fluffy texture. 

I usually use one teaspoon of water and a tablespoon of milk for four eggs.  That seems to be just the right amount.  Howewever, this may not be the right texture for everyone so be sure to try some different combinations.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 01/07/10 at 20:00:21
andrew09   Ex Member

I coat the pan lightly with extra virgin olive oil then add some sea salt, pepper, cummin and grated gouda cheese to the eggs. I wisk all of that together then put in the pan while it's cold.

I then cook on medium to low heat so that they are cooked very slowly. Doing it this way ensures that they come out very fluffy, creamy and wet. My god are they GOOD! Makes me want to make some right now.

Try it. You'll love it!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8