Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
splenda vs sugar (Read 54058 times)
Reply #30 - 02/19/10 at 08:36:59
Chris I   Ex Member

As far as a visual difference using Stevia instead of sugar I have definitely not noticed any difference in the appearance of a dish made with Stevia.

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 02/19/10 at 08:38:39
Chris I   Ex Member

I have also heard that maple syrup is good to use as a sweetener. I try to stay natural with all of the sweeteners I use and definitely stay away from the artificial sweeteners. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 02/26/10 at 11:06:56
Dario Montes de Oca   Ex Member

I'll take sugar over Splenda any day, preferably organic cane sugar or something similar.

Not sure if cooking with regular sugar or organic makes a difference... Has anyone noticed a difference?

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 02/28/10 at 08:15:20
przemskipl   Ex Member

Usually i use sugar, the best idea is to use organic cane sugar..

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 03/04/10 at 17:10:38
jason1120   Ex Member

I prefer sugar over sweetner anyday.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 03/06/10 at 09:47:38
dimgeo   Ex Member

I tried the taste of splenda and it's not quite like sugar, but it's supposed to be better for our health than sugar so I buy it.

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 03/07/10 at 19:10:24
Danielle   Ex Member

I use a stevia/xylotiol mix I get wholefoods which is awesome.

It is from the "now" brand and tastes great in oatmeal, tea, etc.

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 03/10/10 at 11:52:24
John Pilgrim   Ex Member

I use splenda in tea and coffee, but I don't like to use it when cooking. Still using good old fashioned sugar.

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 03/17/10 at 17:52:05
marianne1234567   Ex Member

Splenda is the perfect sugar substitute as sweet as sugar but no calories.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 04/09/10 at 12:27:58

jacqueline starling   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Love to cook.
New York

Go and try the Stevia Xylotol mix from Wholefoods by the NOW brand.

A poster on this forum recommended and I found it awesome.

Jackie

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 04/09/10 at 12:29:24

jacqueline starling   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Love to cook.
New York

Quote:
I have also heard that maple syrup is good to use as a sweetener. I try to stay natural with all of the sweeteners I use and definitely stay away from the artificial sweeteners. Smiley

The Trader Joes GRADE B maple syrup is really great. It is natural, organic and healthy. I actually just picked some up. the only nasty thing is the fact that in a few short years the price has gone from 6.99 a quart to 16.99!

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 04/14/10 at 02:28:08
ghd   Ex Member

the author's opinion is very right!

IP Logged

Reply #42 - 04/19/10 at 07:05:12
bradjones   Ex Member

I've just stumbled across this.  I could never use splenda in cooking its just not traditional or natural.  Not for me I'm afraid.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 04/29/10 at 18:33:58
Lilly   Ex Member

IMHO, you should stay away from ALL artificial sweetners whenever possible. We are being used as guinea pigs by big pharma/big food on a whole range of fronts, and artificial sweeteners are some of slimiest ways they take advantage of us.

Unfortunately, I can't post live links here, but simply look up NutraSweet/Aspartame+Poison and Splenda+Poison for more info than you will ever want to know!

Yes, the proponents of these toxic substances defend themselves by saying "science hasn't proved there are negative side effects." Well, regardless of whether this is true or not, the fact is that we see the FDA regularly permitting toxic and dangerous substances to be released to the public. And then, 10, 20, 30 or more years later (often after many have DIED), we learn that a particular drug or additive was not safe. Why take the risk?

Remember DDT? Red Dye #9? Phen-phen. Need I go on?

Do your research and reading people!

In my own case, NutraSweet was causing me vision problems and that was because it has been shown that the chemicals in it DIRECTLY ATTACK THE VISION CENTERS IN THE BRAIN! Among other things....

Wake up, people! YOU ARE BEING DELIBERATELY POISONED FOR PROFIT!

I highly recommend stevia. It is a 100% natural alternative to sugar. And I think it's great to see that public demand is causing companies to develop products with it. I've even read that Coke and Pepsi are developing stevia-based drinks. This is wonderful news because unfortunately (IMHO), the stevia sodas to this point have been pretty bad. I just hope the big manufacturers don't take something good and screw it up.

I won't hold my breath on this score, though.

Take care!

-- Lilly

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 05/19/10 at 07:31:53
Jonathan Libby   Ex Member

We use apple sauce almost all the time, when baking. It's the no-fat substitute for oil.  Your cakes will be better and much healthier... which means you can eat cake more often .... Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6