Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
splenda vs sugar (Read 54219 times)
Reply #45 - 05/19/10 at 07:38:42
Ross Logan   Ex Member

Personally, I don't like any artificial sweeteners. Every one I've tried has a funny taste, and I just don't trust them. They also break 2 of the rules that I try to eat/cook by (from Food Rules by Michael Pollan)

1. Eat food. Though in our current state of confusion, this is much easier said than done. So try this: Don't eat anything your great-great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.

3. Especially avoid food products containing ingredients that are a) unfamiliar, b) unpronounceable c) more than five in number

I'm fairly certain my great great grandmother would not recognize splenda, aspertame etc. as food - and, once you look at the actual chemical in them instead of the brand name, good luck pronouncing it.

I'll stick with my sugar, thankyouverymuch Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 06/15/10 at 05:47:42
Jen Applegate   Ex Member

Have you all done any research on how dangerous these artificial sweeteners are? Seriously, avoid them at all costs.

-Jen

IP Logged

Reply #47 - 06/15/10 at 06:25:45
epiccook   Ex Member

Too much sweetener is not good for health.....

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 06/15/10 at 23:44:27
rene albert   Ex Member

I'm less familiar with these differences?

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 06/16/10 at 17:33:04
dede252   Ex Member

I really don't like splenda and I much prefer sugar.

IP Logged

Reply #50 - 06/17/10 at 19:30:33
daily4u   Ex Member

I think slenda has an after taste and I really dont like to use it in my cooking.

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 07/01/10 at 14:19:55

simon wright   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I would never cook with splenda, i dont like the reviews all these non sugar and chemical based calorie free sugars provide... I say forget the calories, sugar tastes better and is better for you! Cool

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 07/02/10 at 05:23:00

wwood   Offline
Welcome to Cooking!
Italia

simon wright wrote on 07/01/10 at 14:19:55:
I would never cook with splenda, i dont like the reviews all these non sugar and chemical based calorie free sugars provide... I say forget the calories, sugar tastes better and is better for you! Cool

I agree with you...all this chemical prodcuts are not good for health I think.

<a href="http://puppy-training-advice.com">Online dog training</a>-<a href="http://makeyourbeatsonpc.com">Make own music  online</a>-<a href="http://build-own-solar-panel.com">Build own solar panels</a>
IP Logged

Reply #53 - 07/05/10 at 08:48:56
Dan King   Ex Member

exactly... jsut for the sake of a couple calories.. it aint worth the risk

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 07/05/10 at 14:35:50
ericschwag   Ex Member

Hi everyone,
lots of great comment in this post.
For me, we started using Splenda about 5 years and like it quite a lot. I guess our main intake is through our coffee. We had gotten so used to it, we were surprised one time a guest came to town and started making faces as she was drinking her coffee - turns out there is actually a pretty big difference in taste between splenda and sugar.

We've also tried stevia, more like tried to like it, but couldn't really get there. The taste seems perfectly made for putting it in tea, but for anything else it leaves that certain tang which doesn't always go with the food.

Somebody in this thread implied that sugar, even in moderation, was pretty bad for you. Could you tell me more about that? I was surprised to hear but want to find out more. I certainly assumed that in moderation it was no big deal.

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 07/15/10 at 03:17:45
Imrozz7   Ex Member

Splenda is the commercial name of a sucralose-based artificial sweetener derived from sugar.

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 07/18/10 at 19:09:09
titi   Ex Member

splenda

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 07/19/10 at 11:17:04
tiny252   Ex Member

I tried using splenda with some of my baking but it just did not taste good to me.  But for making tea etc. it works very well.

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 07/20/10 at 01:21:59

WannabeChef   Offline
MmmmMmm food
Beijing

I've heard too many bad things about splenda and other artificial sweeteners. And I don't have a re.ason not to use sugar. Love it

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 09/03/10 at 07:06:07
julian   Ex Member

wwood wrote on 07/02/10 at 05:23:00:

you're right...let's take aspartame for example. Is very nocive.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6