Hunter Antis   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01/03/09 at 09:41:18

gourmet   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I've voted for Meat all the way. It's a discussion I often have with Mrs Gourmet, as she'd be a vegetarian if it wasn't for me I think.

I just find the textures and tastes in well cooked pieces of meat are far more enjoyable than with vegetables. I know for many it's a deeper issue than purely taste, but I'm able to separate that out Grin

Saying that, I have had a couple of really good vegetarian experiences. One was when I was travelling in India and stayed in a vegetarian only town. We stayed with an Indian family and the tastes they created with their spices will stay with me always. It wasn't particularly hot or spicy, just very tasty.

<a href="http://www.solarfun.co.uk/" target="_top">Solar Gizmos</a>
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01/10/09 at 19:06:06
PsychoDeluxe   Ex Member

I could go either way.  I love veggie dishes (yay for lentils) but don't hide my steak!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06/19/09 at 06:34:30
PearlieTru   Ex Member

Glad to see us grass eaters well represented here. I am Italian, and do so many wonderful things with veggies.  Don't care for tofu though, and American veg lovers seem to rely on it quite a bit.  I am sure it's the protein content, not the taste.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/20/09 at 06:50:27
MoonShadows   Ex Member

In our home we eat meat and vegetables, but go much heavier on the veggies while keeping the meat (mainly chicken and lean pork) to 5oz or less per person/per day. Beef? Maybe once or twice a month...except in the summer. Have to have my weekly bbq'd hamburger.

Jim

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12/23/09 at 06:30:41
cheng   Ex Member

I can not live without meat  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 01/03/10 at 19:26:19

Anne Rande   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I probably could live without meat, but I have no desire to try...  There are so many wonderful meats out there, and they go so well with vegetables and sauces.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 01/05/10 at 13:22:07
VegeMike   Ex Member

I once tried being vegan for a week. No problems finding delicious recipes but all those great dairy foods like chocolate and pizza etc There is no way I could keep to it.

Wish someone would invent real good non dairy alternatives

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 01/07/10 at 10:28:34
KarinWalks   Ex Member

I chose meat BUT, I'm totally ok without meat. Balance works better for me. Small amount of meat (or none) with lots of fruit and fresh veggies. And as long as I can still eat my bread and sauces, I'm good!

Ok... add merlot to that

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 01/07/10 at 19:30:59
Finniga Nicole   Ex Member

I chose meat, but I mostly eat white meats (ie. chicken and fish). Not pork ("the other white meat").

I do have the occasional red meat, but I try to stick to the white stuff.

Finniga

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 01/09/10 at 02:23:38
ndebord   Ex Member

Voted for meat, all though I do like my meat with some veggies on the side. I don't really get stuffed from just vegetables or cereal based foods. And I hate soy.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 01/09/10 at 02:42:05
Zerb   Ex Member

Even though I'm french, I still love a big slice of pork, with many condiments and vegetables accompanied by a chilled glass of red wine. You simply can't beat that Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 01/09/10 at 05:22:08
petera   Ex Member

I voted for meat...

When I met my now wife (about 10 years ago)... I ate alomst only meat if I was cooking... like I'd BBQ a steak and some sausages... but wouldn't put any veg or anything with it... just the meat...

My wife is a vegan though... so my first meal I cooked for us on our first date didn't go down so well! Smiley

10 years on and i'm happy to say that I enjoy a good mix of meat and veg... granted... she hasn't quite come over to the meat-side... yet...

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 01/09/10 at 22:44:12

samie   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!
Davis

I try to stay away from red meat but I do enjoy my poultry!
There was a while when I tried to eat healthier and cut out meat completely, it worked for a bit but since I'm not the main cook in the household it didn't last.

It helps if you have a support team  Tongue

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3