Pages: 1 2 3 
protein shakes (Read 56258 times)
02/01/10 at 21:49:34
jn68   Ex Member

any recipe to build muscle mass?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/03/10 at 02:18:16
wainwright149   Ex Member

Chicken eggs adn more chicken... My brother used to be a body builder and thats all he ever ate!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/07/10 at 08:58:43
YummyYum   Ex Member

The great thing about protein shakes is you can have all different kinds of flavors.  To make a good home made protein shake, find your favorite tastes and add them with some high in protein content.  This can be eggs, milk, ice cream, peanut butter, etc.  All of those examples will have a good taste to it.  Putting chicken in a shake probably wouldn't be tasty to most people out there.

My favorite shake right now is 1 scoop of peanut butter, 1 cup milk, 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, hand full of rasberries, and a banana.  This shake is loaded with protein and lots of vitamins and minerals from the fruit.

It's yummy too!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02/08/10 at 07:16:13
mikaelamealls11   Ex Member

wow its sounds yummy...I can put any flavor that I like in my protein shake? hmmm thanks for the idea..

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02/16/10 at 21:30:02

kelly12   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

protein shakes are ok... but you really need to add some flax seed oil to them like a table spoon flax is very good for you and will help you to build muscle mass look around the net there is a lot of information on this. but what your after is high protein not high fat or calories Flax is good fat and it will do your body good in many ways. Food is better than a shake low fat chicken and turkey or eggs are great.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02/16/10 at 21:36:25

REnthusiast   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I have bought big bag of unflavored whey protein and I mix it with different juices to give different flavor. My favorite has been Apple juice protein shake, but I also like other flavor such as orange, cranberry, mango. The choice are plenty to satisfy your taste bud.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 02/17/10 at 09:40:38
futondan   Ex Member

I use the large containers of protein mix you can find at GNC. Just try the different brands to find one you like. They come in flavors like strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Taste like a milkshake.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 02/17/10 at 15:58:02
edwardsjoe   Ex Member

The best ones that I have are those by Optimum Nutrition. They're just so tasty and they mix pretty well!

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 02/23/10 at 06:59:29
pedro   Ex Member

I buy protein shakes from Monster Supplements, its called Phd Whey protein and comes in a few different flavour - chocolate cookie is the best though! Have tried making my own but can never get the taste right. If its horrible I can't drink it, but I actually enjoy drinking these, as well as getting enough protein for building muscle.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 02/24/10 at 08:33:23
Malc Baxter   Ex Member

Can any one suggest a protein shake that would be OK for an individual suffering from Type 2 diabetes.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 03/01/10 at 21:25:16

amujtabaa   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Don't Forget What's On
The Stove...
Hawaii

I usually go to bodybuilder.com, or a local wholesale store and I buy muscle milk to use before I work out. I'm a soccer player, and I use it for energy and not to bulk up.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 04/27/10 at 02:27:02
JacobCampbell   Ex Member

Protein shake is good, but that not enough. I must eat meat, eggs, cheese etc.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 04/27/10 at 12:26:36
Abby   Ex Member

I will have to try some of this. Especially after shock,

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 04/29/10 at 04:42:25
bakingguy   Ex Member

I think these shakes are pretty pointless unless you are already considerably big and want to get even bigger.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 04/29/10 at 10:01:39
candicemorgan   Ex Member

You're right bakingguy but for some people who are thin enough and want to get big, then I guess this is one of the best solutions for them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3