HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Organic Food (Read 5852 times)
03/01/10 at 01:15:58

Nikita Ivan   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Eat organic Leave Organic
London

Some people has still doubt about natural and organic foods benefits and usefulness. Check the following facts to know the true fact about organic:

* Free from pesticides. The fact is that more than 400 chemical pesticides are used daily when they grown and there is often a residue left in non-organic food products.

* Organic foods are genetically unmodified. It is fact that genetically modified ingredients and crops aren't permitted under organic standards.

* Organic and natural foods do not rely on drugs. standards set by organic farming does not allow the usage of antibiotics.

* There are very trusted resources for organic food. They first inspected by some organic standards.

* Organic food are hygienic to use. They generate less pollution.

* They are best at test !

Now it is in your hand to opting for an natural and organic food or to choose the inorganic food. High quality food which are maintained by some organic SEO standards are always good for health and increase the energy level. After enjoying the health food, you will definitely become the person who believes in the power of nature and will always seek for fresh and best food.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/07/10 at 12:25:05
jodevizes   Ex Member

I will agree that we should, where possible buy organic food but be careful as there are some rogues out there who will sell 'normal' produce as organic, just to gain from the premium that organic attracts.

Organic food could be genetically modified as any cross breeding is a form of genetically modified produce. It is just done naturally not in a test tube and with only other plants of at least the same species.

Whilst tests have shown that organic food does not appear to have any nutritional bonuses, they are certainly kinder to the environment and will not have the range of chemical residues left on it.

Anti-biotics are allowed by the organic associations, but only as medicine for illness, not as growth boosters or as a general medicine to prevent illness.

We need to be as kind to our environment as possible as we have been abusing it for years.   Cool

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/11/10 at 23:56:20
CSF5   Ex Member

As an ardent researcher of our current food supply, you must buy organic whenever possible. It has nothing to do with the nutrient density when comparing an organic apple with a pesticide ladden one. Recent research bears this out, what's more important is continued study of the long term effects of eating that chemical coated apple. Its not food any longer and you can consider this apple processed food, no matter the presentation.

What we don't see is the constant trickle of pesticides, toxins, and other harmful chemicals that slowly, very slowly, bypass our body's protective filters. Just enough to kill us over the long term without tripping an alarm, until you develop a comorbid condition (Diabetes, heart disease, morbid obesity).

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03/15/10 at 02:22:18
reset123   Ex Member

Advantages of Organic food

* Organically grown foods are natural, without any sprayed chemical.
    * Organically grown foods are nutritious and full of taste although they may not look as colorful and well presented as shop produce.
    * Organic foods put less burden on environment. Growing foods organically can protect the topsoil from erosion and is a great way of getting closer to nature.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 03/15/10 at 03:30:59

PauloR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

If it wasn't for the price it would be all I'd ever eat. But yes, I agree with the health benefits, I don't think any sane person can argue with that.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 04/15/10 at 15:16:42
dhurendar2   Ex Member

But you are overlooking the fact that organic food is the most expensive amongst everything else in the market. It is sad that the processed food has become much more cheaper than organic food and is presented as healthier

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 04/19/10 at 21:49:30
Mikulas Belly   Ex Member

* Free from pesticides. The fact is that more than 400 chemical pesticides are used daily when they grown and there is often a residue left in non-organic food products.

* Organic foods are genetically unmodified. It is fact that genetically modified ingredients and crops aren't permitted under organic standards.

* Organic and natural foods do not rely on drugs. standards set by organic farming does not allow the usage of antibiotics.

* There are very trusted resources for organic food. They first inspected by some organic standards.

* Organic food are hygienic to use. They generate less pollution.

* They are best at test !

Wow, these are some great things and ideas to remember folks, I love that and I like this forum because of this fact.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 04/29/10 at 21:53:10

Bluecow   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I am surprised to see my favorite potato is so high up in the list.  Shocked

Ok, I should consume more papaya, watermelon and onion since it is less pesticides.  Thanks for the great list.

<a href="http://www.learnspanishadvice.com/verbarrator-review/">Verbarrator Review</a>&&<a href="http://www.learnspanishadvice.com/synergy-spanish-review/">Synergy Spanish Review</a>
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 05/03/10 at 09:28:02

grillmaster   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

Organic is much better plus because most of the good nutrients for you is usually on the skin or rind. Just where most of all the chemicals are found. Shocked

<a href="http://electricsnowshovelsale.com/"target=_new>electric snow shovel</a>&&<a href="http://my-thaiwife.com"target=_new>My Thai Wife</a>&&<a href="http://foryoutoday.com"target=_new>For You Today
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 05/04/10 at 07:45:21

Bala123   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

Moreover, Organic foods are good for health...

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 05/10/10 at 07:24:45
Shine2010   Ex Member

As food prices rise, organic products may well experience a decrease in quantity required. An opinion poll in 2008 by WSL Strategic Retail found that interest in organic products had plunged since 2006, and that 42% of Americans poll don't trust organic produce.  Huh

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 05/11/10 at 13:51:02
miso-belly1987   Ex Member

I would say that the organic food is the way to go. Although it is much more expensive, I think it is better for your health in the end folks.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 05/13/10 at 07:19:27

profit instruments   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Welcome to Cooking!

I think the problem has been organice food is expensive. If you were trying to save money and you had an organic version and normal which would you pick?

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 05/13/10 at 08:20:02
Nate Desmond   Ex Member

I personally think that the whole "organic" idea has become over-hyped and often a marketing ploy.

Eating healthy (pesticide free, etc.) food is important, but the organic thing has become overdone to such an extent that some "organic" food is actually uses "organic" herbicide!  Roll Eyes

I think the original ideas behind the organic food were right, but they have since been corrupted.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 06/18/10 at 20:29:06
amk7777   Ex Member

If only I could afford it...maybe I should grow my own?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3