Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to cook authentic Valencian Paella (Read 17202 times)
12/16/11 at 07:01:24
Eduard   Ex Member

I'm amazed to see how many recipes you can find in internet to cook a paella. Thousands of different Sites give you "their" way of preparing it and the list of ingredients used.

Being born in Valencia (Spain), where paella was originated centuries ago, I feel obliged to write and bring some clarity to this subject.

There is not an "Spanish paella". There are several variations of the same dish, but each variation have a specific set of ingredients used. Out there, you see how people call "paella recipe" to something that is just a mix of rice with many other things.

The original paella, called Valencian paella, is cooked with meat (chicken and rabbit) and vegetables. You have also "Seafood paella", that does not have meat. You have paella with vegetables (no meat nor seafood, only vegetables), etc.

It will be my pleasure to clarify, guide, help or support anyone interested in cooking this extraordinary dish. It's not complicated when you know how to do it but, at the same time, it's not easy if you venture to do it yourself with just a piece of paper in front of you with the list of ingredients written on it.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Eduard.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/21/11 at 20:56:36
remodelproducts   Ex Member

I like to eat paella but never cooked. It not that much easy as well as the test of homemade paella will be not so delicious.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/23/11 at 05:57:14
GlobeVPN-PrivceNR   Ex Member

Very Best vpnincome.com   
Affilate Programm Have 900 Online Users !!!   
Knock to me ICQ 416 552 Or E-mail frady.katz@yahoo.com   
  WebSite Here - WWW . VPNINCOME . COM 
Suggest to you the service!          
Privacy, encrypt your traffic as well as change your real IP-addresses on the Internet.          
If your Internet is a Blocked - you went go straight to the address!          
An Authoritative and Tested Provider - VPN Service!!!          
WebSite Here - In-Disguise .com 

1 Subscription = 9 Euro, Connect to ALL servers of your choice!         
Available Prices on All Servers: - 1 month = 9evro; 3 months = 20evro; 6 months = 35evro; 1 year = 55 Euro!         
WebSite Here - WWW . in-disguise .com /?aff=69

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/24/11 at 12:34:26
grennwhiteYO   Ex Member

The holiday will be a lung? Who as thinks?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12/26/11 at 23:36:37
@MartinAntonia   Ex Member

There are so many types of Paella are there
1) Spanish.
2) Chicken.
3)American.
every type had its own taste and it true they are very delicious .
I had tried all of them but not this this Valencian Paella.
can anyone give recipe of this one.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12/28/11 at 15:34:46
Eduard   Ex Member

Hi,
here's the recipe o the authentic Valencian paella.

1. In the paella pan, fry small pieces of chicken and rabbit. If you don't like rabbit you can add duck.

2. when done, pull the pieces aside and fry the vegetables, in this order: grated tomato, wide green beans, white lima beans. Then mix everything together.

3. add sweet paprika (powder), mix together and, immediately after, add water to fill the paella pan.

4. keep boiling until water evaporates and reaches (aprox) the middle of the pan. This can take 30 to 45 min.

5. add the rice, spread all over the pan and increase the fire to max.

6. add saffron and taste for salt.

7. Cooking process has to be in the range of 18-20 min, so rice grains will be "loose", not sticky.

The Process of adding water is the most complex one to get a good result.

Good luck and enjoy.
Eduard.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1